Developing new power technologies is your passion? You are working self-driven and initiate new activities which involve profound know-how of application requirements and technology capabilities. You want to work within a multi-site R&D organization while being flexible when dealing with new and unpredictable situations. Then the position as Lead Principal Concept Engineer for automotive Power Device Technologies is the right opportunity for you! Join us now in Villach! Responsibilities
As a Lead Principal Concept Engineer you will take on the key role as a developer and bring the next generation of high-performance power devices to the market! You will be responsible for the electrical dimensioning of power devices, the technical direction for the future and the alignment of strategic pre-development activities.
In your new role you will:
- Bring SiC-Mosfet, IGBT and diode power device technologies for automotive E-mobility applications to the next level
- Be fully responsible for the electrical dimensioning of the power devices in wafer technology development projects
- Set technical direction for future SiC and Si technology development
- Use your comprehensive understanding for application requirements as well as competitors' technologies
- Drive and align strategic pre-development activities ensuring future success of technology / product development projects
With this position you will be entering our "Technical Ladder"
: our career path for experts
. You will be able to focus deeply on technology - while further pursuing your career. As you continually expand your expert knowledge, puzzle over matters and solve problems, you will position yourself as a thought leader - thus helping our products improve our world a bit more each day.
You like to challenge the status quo and generate value with your ideas and solutions? Furthermore, you live up to high quality standards, strive for continuous improvement and think in a cooperative way. Last but not least, with your technical and entrepreneurial instinct you are contributing to the successful positioning of Infineon products into the target markets.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field, preferable a PhD
- At least 8 years of professional experience in the area of chip wafer technology production / development or application engineering - ideally with work experience in the electrical chip development or concept engineering before
- A deep understanding of the interdependency of technology and product characteristics
- Outstanding theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of electrical chip development / power electronics (Si and SiC technologies, MOSFETs, IGBTs and/or power diodes)
- Excellent English skills, German as a plus
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification. The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group J (). The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a. We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.
- Möglichkeit für Coaching, Mentoring & Netzwerken
- Trainingsangebot & strukturierte Entwicklungsplanung
- Möglichkeit zur internationalen Entsendung
- Verschiedene Karrierepfade: Project Management, Technical Ladder, Management & Individual Contributor
- Flexible Arbeitszeit: Vertrauensgleitzeit
- Möglichkeit zum Home Office
- Offenheit für Teilzeit (auch in der Elternzeit)
- Kindergarten am Standort Villach & Klagenfurt
- Sozialberatung & Betriebsarzt
- Gesundheits- & Vorsorgeprogramme
- Versicherungsangebot zu attraktiven Konditionen
- Lohnfortzahlung im Krankheitsfall
- Arbeitgeberfinanzierte betriebliche Altersvorsorge
- Offenheit für flexiblen Übergang in die Altersrente
- Barrierefreiheit am gesamten Standort